Community Education Series
Approximately once each month, we provide a workshop in our Brooklyn office providing practical, evidence-based information and guidelines regarding a variety of mental health topics. Designed for the local community in mind, this FREE seminar provides access to insights and advice from our staff and other mental health professionals who have advanced training and expertise. You must RSVP prior to coming, and workshops fill up on a first-registered basis. To be notified about upcoming lectures, please subscribe to our newsletter.
OCD Support Group (Brooklyn Location)
The Center for Anxiety will host a free 4-session OCD support group for individuals with OCD as well as their family/friends. Attendees of the group will learn current information about OCD, as well as how to live with uncertainty, coping strategies and methods of treatment, with a focus on Exposure and Response Prevention. The group will meet in our Brooklyn location from 7:00-8:00 PM on Thursdays: 2/16, 3/2, 3/16, and 3/30. This group will be run at no cost to participants (adults 18+) but please RSVP to reserve your spot by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-837-5557 x1.
Parents of Anxious Children Group (Brooklyn Location)
The Center for Anxiety will host a 4-session group for parents of anxious children. This group will teach parents how to support anxious children and avoid accommodating behaviors that make anxiety worse. This group will best serve parents of children between the ages of 7 and 14. The group will meet in our Brooklyn location from 11:30-12:30 PM on Thursdays: 2/16, 2/23, 3/2, and 3/9. The cost for this group is $40 per session. Please RSVP to reserve your spot by contacting email@example.com or 646-837-5557 x1.
OCD Support Group (Manhattan Location)
The Center for Anxiety is proud to offer a monthly support group for individuals with OCD (and co-occurring disorders) as well as their family/friends. This group meets from 6:00pm-7:00pm on the 2nd Thursday of each calendar month. Attendees must RSVP prior to coming so that their names can be added to the visitor list, and attendees mush bring ID to gain access to the Empire State Building. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm dates and for other information.
Living with Psychosis (Manhattan Location)
The Center for Anxiety is proud to offer a monthly support group for individuals with psychosis in the context of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, and other chronic mental conditions. Family members and friends of individuals with psychosis are also welcome to attend. This group meets from 5:00pm-6:00pm on the 2nd Thursday of each calendar month. Attendees must RSVP prior to coming so that their names can be added to the visitor list, and attendees must bring ID to gain access to the Empire State Building. Please email email@example.com to confirm dates and for other information.
Our staff is also available to come to your school or organization to present on a wide range of topics. Please contact us for more information or to request a lecture. Potential topics include:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- The basics of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- One Session Exposure Therapy for Specific Phobias: Overcoming Your Fears in a Single Day
- Stop cutting! Behavior therapy for self-injury
- Treatment of psychosis with Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- No Sleep ‘Till Brooklyn: Proven ways to improve your sleep
- A relational approach to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- When to worry about your child’s worries
- Talking to children about terrorism
- Parenting your preschooler
- Taking charge in your home: Effective discipline strategies for parents
- Taking charge in your classroom: Effective discipline strategies for teachers
Spirituality & Mental Health
- Is there room for God in psychotherapy?
- Observant or obsessive: Religious life and OCD
- Recent advances in the science of spirituality & mental health
- The Connections Paradigm: A spiritual approach to mental health
- Mental disorders: What do clergy need to know?