Director of Clinical Research
Update as of July 1, 2021: Center for Anxiety has a Director of Clinical Research (DCR) position open. This is a mid-level or senior clinical-administrative position that will involve a hybrid model combining remote plus in-person work within our Manhattan, Brooklyn or Great Neck offices (location flexible).
The Director of Clinical Research (DCR) organizes and oversees all aspects of Center for Anxiety’s research program. In addition, the DCR will provide clinical care to patients (approximately 20 hours/week), directly supervise 2-4 trainees, and contribute to our on-site didactics teaching program.
Specific responsibilities of the DCR include:
- Overseeing daily operations of research program, in order to maintain a program-wide culture that fosters excellence and accountability
- Playing a leadership role in the training program by supervising and facilitating research outputs by trainees and other staff members
- Producing research outputs for academic, marketing, and public-relations purposes
- Maintaining and further developing our monitoring system, and establishing performance indicators to assess treatment outcomes for the program as a whole and for each staff member
- Producing quarterly/annual reports
Qualifications of applicants must include all of the following:
- Current license or license-eligible in psychology in New York State
- Strong research acumen and interests
- Strong leadership, management, organizational, and communication skills
- Clinical training and experience in providing Cognitive and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (CBT/DBT) to adults, children and/or adolescents, and a willingness and capacity to handle high risk cases on an outpatient and intensive outpatient basis
- A dedication to provide the highest standard of evidence-based care
Applicants should send a letter of interest, current Curriculum Vitae, and names of 2-3 references to the attention of Aliza Shapiro, VP of People & Culture, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are asked to please specify in their cover letters whether our Manhattan, Brooklyn, and/or Great Neck sites are geographically feasible, and which is most preferred. References will only be contacted after interviews are conducted.