Marriage/Family Therapist (LMFT)
Be a part of a team that truly makes a difference
Update as of October 1, 2021: Center for Anxiety has an opening for one marriage/family therapist to join our practice located in any of the following offices: Brooklyn, Great Neck, Boston.
Marriage/family therapists within our practice provide approximately 24 hours of therapy to couples, parents, and families. Such services are provided within the context of our traditional outpatient program and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in close collaboration with our clinical team, which is predominantly staffed by CBT/DBT clinicians.
Specific responsibilities of the Marriage/Family Therapist include:
- Providing 24 hours of evidence-based psychotherapy per week, to adults and adolescents within our traditional outpatient and Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) settings, and leading weekly DBT Skill groups
- Junior clinicians with less than 2-years post- terminal degree experience may receive supervision and/or participate in our clinical didactics training program
Qualifications of applicants must include all of the following:
- Current license or license-eligible in New York State or Massachusetts
- Significant clinical training and experience in providing marriage/family therapy; we are particularly interested in applicants with interests and training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Willingness to assist with high risk cases on an outpatient and intensive outpatient basis, in collaboration with a sophisticated and well-trained team of CBT/DBT clinicians
- A sense of ownership, pride, and purpose in line with our company values
Applicants should send a letter of interest, current Curriculum Vitae, and names of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are asked to please specify in their cover letters which of our sites are geographically feasible, and which is most preferred (note that we anticipate adopting a hybrid remote/in-person model for 2021-2022, and staff will be on site 2-3 days per week). References will only be contacted after interviews are conducted.
The advantages of working at Center for Anxiety include:
Fitness and Mental Health Benefits
Professional Development Funds
Professional Growth Opportunities
- 401k with Corporate Match Options
- Hybrid Remote/In-Person Opportunities
- Relocation Funds
- Five Prime Office Locations
- Opportunities for Professional Growth and Leadership
- Team Building Events, Happy Hours & Retreats
- In-office Lunch, Snacks, and Drinks