Director of Clinical Training (DCT)
Positions available in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Rockland County, Great Neck and Boston.
Be a part of a team that truly makes a difference
Center for Anxiety has an opening for a Director of Clinical Training (DCT) at this time, located in any of our five offices (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Rockland County, Great Neck, and Boston).
The Director of Clinical Training (DCT) organizes and oversees all aspects of Center for Anxiety’s APPIC approved doctoral psychology internship (currently under consideration for APA accreditation), as well as our psychology postdoctoral fellowship and externship programs. In addition, the DCT will provide clinical care to patients (approximately 16-20 hours/week), directly supervise 2-4 trainees, and contribute to our on-site didactics teaching program.
Specific responsibilities of the DCT include:
- Overseeing our psychology internship, postdoctoral fellowship, and externship training
- Interfacing with APPIC, APA, and other governing bodies to ensure compliance with training program requirements and achieve/maintain accreditation
- Participating in weekly leadership/administrative meetings to ensure that our training programs receive all necessary resources and integrate within Center for Anxiety as a whole
- Organizing and managing the application, interview, and “match” processes
- Leading orientation for trainees, and establishing training goals for each trainee
- Monitoring trainees’ performance and compliance with Center for Anxiety policies and procedures
- Communicating with trainees’ doctoral programs to provide feedback and coordinate satisfaction of degree requirements
- Addressing grievances and ensuring compliance with due process procedures when applicable, with a focus on engaging in remediation planning for trainees
- Conducting quarterly formal evaluations of supervisors, and review formal program feedback provided by current interns and graduates
Qualifications of applicants must include all of the following:
- A current license or license-eligible in psychology in New York State and MA
- At least two years of post-licensure experience in a related setting (recent licensees are welcome to apply for Clinical Psychologist positions within our program)
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Significant clinical training and experience in providing Cognitive and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (CBT/DBT) to adults, adolescents, and/or children
- A willingness and capacity to handle high risk cases on an outpatient and intensive outpatient basis
- A dedication to provide the highest standard of evidence-based care
The advantages of working at Center for Anxiety include:
Health and Wellness Benefits
Hybrid Remote and In-Person Model
Professional Growth Development
Employees at Center For Anxiety are also offered:
- Relocation Funds
- 5 Convenient Office locations
- Opportunities for growth and leadership
- Team building events such as company happy hours & retreats
- In-office snacks and drinks